Last Updated: October 5, 2015
Information we collect
- Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
At various points in the TOTERS experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you create an account with TOTERS, you provide us with personal information like your name, email address, and phone number. And if you place an order with TOTERS, we collect information including your address, phone number, birth date, credit card information, and the details of your order.
If you log into the TOTERS service through a third-party, we may receive some information about you through them. For example, if you choose to log into TOTERS with your Facebook or account, we may receive information about your contacts. We may also offer social sharing tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) that let you share actions on TOTERS with other sites and vice versa. You should check the privacy policies of these services and your settings there for more information.
- Technical information about usage of TOTERS
When you use the TOTERS services, either through our mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our partners use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access our services through a browser. We may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us personalize your experience and remember things like that you have already logged in to TOTERS.
We employ some third-party services to help us understand the usage of TOTERS, and these third-parties may also deploy cookies on our site or collect information through our mobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in a non-personal way, how users interact with various portions of our site .
Log information: When you use TOTERS, our servers will record information about your usage of the service and information that is sent by your device. Logs information can include things like the IP address of your device, information about the browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on TOTERS, and other ways you interact with the service. If you are logged into the TOTERS service, this information is stored with your account information.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the TOTERS service to you and to improve the quality of the service we’re able to offer
- Allow your Shopper (which includes those that shop for and deliver the order on your behalf) to choose your items at a retailer site, deliver your items to you, and call or text you with any updates or problems
- Charge you for the purchase and delivery costs through one or more payment processing partners
- Offer you customized content (including advertising and promotions), such as prominently displaying items you purchase frequently.
- Understand how users interact with our service as a whole in order to test new features and improve TOTERS for everyone
- Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of TOTERS
What we share
TOTERS is a platform that connects users with Shoppers who shop for and deliver the goods that users want from retailers. To facilitate the process, we need to share information about you and your order with the other parties who help enable the service. This includes, for example, the Shopper(s) who pick and deliver your order, and the payment processing partner(s) that we use to validate and charge your credit card. Note that only our payment processing partner(s) receive any credit card information.
We also share information under the following principles:
- With your consent or at your direction — We will share your information with entities outside of TOTERS when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction. For example:
- If you invite friends to use TOTERS through our referral program, we will share some information with the friends you invite like your name and picture. Likewise if you choose to join someone else’s cart, they will see some of your information.
- For legal purposes — We share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or TOTERS.
- On a non-personal or aggregate basis — We share information with retailers and advertisers on both a non-personally identifying basis (including order and delivery details but not including credit card information) and an aggregate basis.
- For business purposes — We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among TOTERS, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Changes to this Policy
This policy may change from time to time and any revised Policy will be posted at this page, so we encourage you to review it regularly. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as a notice on our homepage or sending you a notification).
1717 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1025
Washington, DC, 20006